Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hii have only just been told I have ibs i am very scared and know nothing about it, i get lots of wierd pains especially in my bladder, can anyone give me advice?

·
Registered
133 Posts
hey claire- welcome to the boards, and i love your name by the way ( mines claire too
) i'm almost 14 and i was diagnosed with ibs at the age of 11 but really have had it since 4th grade. I'm not going to lie to you, IBS is by no means pleasant and will probably change your life in ways you never thought possible but there really are so many things you can do to make it better. diet change is huge! Heather Van Vorous wrote an awesome book on how important diet is called "Eating for IBS" you should really pick it up, there's some wonderful recipes! There are a lot of meds out there , such as anti-spasmotics that can help a lot too, its just a lot of trial and error to see what helps you the most. Physically the cramps can get pretty painful but you'll get accustomed to them but from an emotional stand point i know i've had a tough time. thats why being on the bulletin boards and having support from friends and family will help you out a lot. The way i look at it we have IBS for a reason, and at times your gonna think what the hell did i do to deserve this but you really become a different person. i know without IBS i wouldn't be as understanding and considerate of other people. we take so many things in life for granted and i think IBS allows you to see how important the simple things can be. i hope things go well for you and i'll always be here to listen! if you want to e-mail me my address is dacn###dwave.net...good luck
(((hugs)))
Claire

·
Registered
133 Posts
hey claire- welcome to the boards, and i love your name by the way ( mines claire too
) i'm almost 14 and i was diagnosed with ibs at the age of 11 but really have had it since 4th grade. I'm not going to lie to you, IBS is by no means pleasant and will probably change your life in ways you never thought possible but there really are so many things you can do to make it better. diet change is huge! Heather Van Vorous wrote an awesome book on how important diet is called "Eating for IBS" you should really pick it up, there's some wonderful recipes! There are a lot of meds out there , such as anti-spasmotics that can help a lot too, its just a lot of trial and error to see what helps you the most. Physically the cramps can get pretty painful but you'll get accustomed to them but from an emotional stand point i know i've had a tough time. thats why being on the bulletin boards and having support from friends and family will help you out a lot. The way i look at it we have IBS for a reason, and at times your gonna think what the hell did i do to deserve this but you really become a different person. i know without IBS i wouldn't be as understanding and considerate of other people. we take so many things in life for granted and i think IBS allows you to see how important the simple things can be. i hope things go well for you and i'll always be here to listen! if you want to e-mail me my address is dacn###dwave.net...good luck
(((hugs)))
Claire

1 - 5 of 5 Posts