Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have not been to this board in a while. I lost my job of three years ago in the middle of last month. To add to it we are about to close escrow on our first house. Well anyways my stomach has been a mess. Is it normal with IBS to go through bouts of D than normal and then what worries me the most is that the stool is sometime thinner. What should I do I don't have med insurance right now and am scared of it being the C.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Yep it is normal for IBS to vary in stool consistency and frequency. It is normal for thinner to be a part of IBS as well. If you are under 50 with no family history of colon cancer under 50 it is extremely unlikely to be caused by that (and it isn't a major or common symptom of colon cancer, if it was it wouldn't kill so many people) Colon cancer tends to be symptom free, that is why it is a "silent killer".It is common for IBS to have some normal times then have it flare back up when there is a lot of stress.K.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.