Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
The best thing to do is, of course, try to keep up on your fiber each day.Of course that doesn't help you now. I'd try Milk of Magnesia or Peri-Colace (which I just heard is coming off the market for some reason). If you feel it in your rectum, perhaps you could go to Walgreen's and get some glycerin suppositories (they're about 2 bucks, so you can keep them around)good luck

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
At this point its a waiting game, just want to make it home tonight before my guts goes crazy on me, I am o.k until I walk around and than my cramps start... so happy for these boards.Thanks

·
Registered
230 Posts
My GI prescribed me some anti-spasmatic pills that worked wonders. The first one he gave me was called Robinul. During my really really bad flare up last month, he switched me to Nulev (they dissolve under the tongue). Lately, I've been getting dull cramping (sometimes throbbing) along my left side and all along between my hip bones. I've been doing a Colonic Massage on my self every time I would get a cramp and within 15 mintues it would subside. The author of "Listen to your Gut" says this can really help if you are experiencing constipation, blocckages in thickened areas of your colon or blockages in diverticulae where food is getting stuck and causing a lot of pain.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.