Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone i'm new to the board and I believe i've come down with IBS-D.I went to my doctor about 3 weeks ago complaining of D (with blood) and he told me to get a stool sample, which came back negative (which was strange, because when I produced the sample there was clearly blood in it), so he put me on Apo Trimebutine...which I have been taking for the last week.I don't think the medication is working as I still have D about 2-3 hours after a meal..is this normal? Does it usually take longer for this medication to begin to alleviate symptoms?I'm wondering if I should go back to my doctor right away because it seems I am getting worse (blood is still there)..or do I wait it out to see if the medication eventually kicks in?Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi,Welcome to the forum, I am sure someone will be along soon to answer your message properly. But in the mean time I can tell you both my husband, father in law and father have all had blood in the movements and all have been checked out and all were fine. My husband actually showed me what was in the loo and it looked like a toilet full of bright red blood. Which was shocking to look at but proved to be nothing to worry about. Its happenend twice to him since, and each check has proved clear.I am sorry I cant help you with your med query, but hang in there, hope you feel better soon. If you are worried, then yes, go back and see your doc. He doesn't know how you are unless you tell him.Lyn

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.