Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I'm Cathy. I'm only 15 yearsold. And i have had IBS for about 4years now. I really hate ibs, I basically have no life. Everyday it hurts. and sometimes it hurts so bad, i miss school and cry.I hate this pain. My friends & family just don't understand. I miss soo much school from this. And it doesnt really help when im surrounded by Drama all the time. My lifes so messed up. I tryed killing myself a few times to just make the pain go away. I wish i was dead. I can never go anywhere and do nothing with this paint. I have yahoo: Davey_of_afixx & AIM ******trashh.please i cant take no more pain

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Cathy IBS sucks. There is no getting around that. I've had it as long as I can remember (I'm now 27) but I remember clearly how I felt at 15 with all that high school drama and cliquey little groups etc. Also having to always find an excuse for not going out cause you feel so sick. All I can tell you is to hang in there. The IBS doesn't get better (well it can but it will always be there) but the friends and people do. Plus I didn't have anything like these boards. I didn't even have a diagnoses so you are one step ahead there. Try posting in the Youth section of the boards, there are lot's of people your age going through the exact same feelings and situations.Also have a read around the boards. There is lot's of useful info here to help with C or D and managing the pain and also for anxiety.Welcome to the boards, hope you stick around

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Cathy. I too have had IBS-D for many years now. There are days I feel, what is life all about? All my life is about is where is the bathroom. I don't go all the places I wish I could go. My kids have missed out on so much, I can;t do these htings I want to do so bad. BUT it is not worth dying for. You need to go se a DR and tell him how you are feeling. There are med sout there it is just trying different ones to get the right one for you. I have 4 daughters and if I knew one of them wanted to die it would KILL me!! It is hard for you to understans until you are a Mom. PLEASE talk to your Mom or someone close so you can get the help you need. We are here for you too. Take care of yourself and try to think of things that are good in your life, things you can have now and in the future. Life is to short. Try to enjoy.Kat

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Maybe elavil isn't the right one for you. Is there a reason you don't want to see a psychologist? It might take awhile for it to work or to find the right meds. Hang in there don;t you give up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.