Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not sure if i have IBS but I have been hospitalized for severe abdominal pain and chronic diarrhea. Doctors at the hospital performed many tests and could not find the reason. I have lost my appetite completely and I am to afraid to eat anyway because of the pain and bloating feeling. Its almost like i can feel my food digesting. I have had an endoscopy and colonoscopy which proved that I don't have ulcers. But pain continues. I am losing hope and my mind because diarrhea has lasted a little over a month now and I still have no answers from the dozen of doctors who have seen me. I am returning to the hospital today in hopes of some treatment. I have tried lomotil which causes me to vomit (and the diarrhea continues so i stopped it.) Can anyone tell me if this is IBS? Please help! Also, I have lost about 15 pounds in the last 2 weeks. Had to be given IV Fluids.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My sympathy. I can't tell you if you have IBS, but had similar problems, and that was what the MD's decided. It is very scary and discouraging to go through the pain and the D. It was 9 weeks before the D. subsided, and still am out of work. This is a great site to read about what others have gone through, and to get advice. I read everyday, and it helps. Hang in there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank You mlynn for your advice. I am really scared but it helps to know i am not alone. I will be going back to my DR in an hour and I am desperate for answers. Thank you again for your reply. I hope they find an answer for me.

·
Registered
36 Posts
You are not alone!! I too have been out of work since end of January....with no pay! I went thru all the tests too...with d lasting over a month and was worried sick...but everything came back normal! Guess I should be happy thats its IBS and not something more serious but yes, everyday its tiring and discouraging at times to know what to eat and where bathrooms are....etc...after several months...i am scheduled to go back to work this monday and i am very nervous. I feel better but still have attacks every now and then...and unfortunately I work in a very stressful environment and also a job, that I do not like at all...so i am very worried about how long it will last before i am back to the more serious attacks etc....IBS is something that people should take more seriously...unless someone has had an attack and know how debilitating it can be for someones life, they have no idea how it can truly affect the quality of ones life.Please wish me luck and thanks to everyone that has helped me thru this.....i know its been a rough ride and some days are ok and others are not but unfortunately i need to work to pay my bills.....hopefully one day there will be something to help us all easily!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts