Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am brand new to this forum, and I am asking for any help I can get. My question is... does anyone else have extremely loud intestinal sounds? It is so embarrassing! It really sounds like someone "passing gas", but it is completely internal. I fear going to quiet places or meetings at work. They are extremely loud and other people do hear them. I have a pill my doctor gave me to put under my tongue (but it says for pain or discomfort for ibs) I can handle that. It's the noises I can't handle. Please Help. Thank you

·
Banned
3,903 Posts
ooppss that did look bad when i read it back,
thing is i seldom give out any advice on here as im always wary of giving someone bad advice so i leave it up to others.. i also notice i should have typed plenty not pleanty
not having much luck with the auld typing i think its bed time night night..

·
Registered
5,427 Posts
cs63,I have found that calcium can control diarrhea and also get rid of the noises the stomach makes it has been working for me for more than 7 years now.Email me and I can send you the info on how to take it and what to take if you suffer from diarrhea attacks.Linda

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I tried to e-mail, but it came back undeliverable. I would greatly appreciate it if you could still tell me what dosage and maybe the brand of calcium that you use. Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
So you have diarreah too?I find for the gurgles and belly noises I have been helped by a teaspoon of slippery elm powder 20 minutes before each meal, an acidopholous pill once a day, aloe vera inner gel in the mornings and when things are really noisy I take charcocaps or buscopan. Also you can get peppermint capsules over the counter at the chemist and they are supposed to be good. For me they upset my reflux and gave me D but lot's of people have had success with them.Hope you find some more helpful info and welcome to the boards

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks, I might try one of these things now and keep adding the others slowly, since there are so many. My C and D alternate, but they aren't so bad I can't deal with them. I do however have a lot of bloating that is terribly uncomfortable at times, maybe your suggestion will help that also.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Good luck. Sadly bloating is one of the hardest IBS symptoms to get rid of. If you do a search on bloating it has been talked about a lot though and you might find some more idea's there too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.