Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just returned from a camping trip w/ my husband & 3 1/2 yr old son & I am horribly depressed. A day into the trip it started: diarrhea, extreme nausea, exhaustion. I hadn't had an episode for 3 yrs & thought I had things under control. Now I have this horrible fear that I'll never really be able to relax & have a vacation. & I can't forgive myself for the episode. I know it is brought about by stress & I need to not let things get to me but I don't really know what even got to me this time! Nothing any dr has ever prescribed has ever done any good either. The only things that work are Metamucil, exercise, water, & time. I am sitting here at work & I just feel like weeping. Any encouragement would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
((retc)) one of the worst things about IBS is the unpredictability about it. and for me, that's one of the hardest things to explain to other people. but if you've been doing well up until this episode, chalk it up to a bad episode rather than a return of regular problems. everyone has stomach problems every now and then. and maybe it was this one trip that was the cause.I saw on another thread that you asked about the tapes - i use them and love them. one thing they really help with besides the physical symptoms is to change the thought patterns we develop - like associating trips with IBS flares.take carenancy

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.