Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a 31 year old male. For the past 2 years I have been dealing with a strong body odor. I have been told it smells like I have farted. Despite showering several times a day, the problem has persisted. I also suffer from constipation and my bowel movements tend to "small bits". I have been to several doctors who say they have never heard of such a condition and one doctor went as far to suggest that I see a psychologists. I have confirmed the persistent odor with family members. Is this a symptom of IBS? Has anyone else experienced this problem? Is there a way to eliminate the odors?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi,I've had a similar problem and am also looking for an answer. Whenever I ask doctors, family, or coworkers about it they say they don't notice anything. Yet, I often hear coworkers complaining about it behind my back. There is a lot of stuff out there to help you get regular. I would recommend Dr. Richard Schulze's aloe intestinal formula. Search for him on the net. That's a start.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Aloe can be tricky as there are several things you can extract from the leaves. The bitter aloe latex is a stimulatory laxative and is not recommended for anything other than occasional use. Preparations of purified mucilagenous (gel) protiens should be OK for regular use but should not have any laxative properties.Bad body odor is not a symptom of IBS.Do you think you have incontenance either of gas or of mucus? Do you have any skin conditions or other medical problems? Some of them can cause a bad body odor.K.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I don't have any other skin conditions or medical problems that doctors have identified. I'm not really bothered by anything else, except the symptoms of IBS, candidiasis, and sinusitis (which doctors deny are real). Being on the IBS diet and yeast-free diet has helped tremendously, taking bowel movers has helped, but the problem persists. I have never heard of gas incontinence. What is that? I smell strange even when I don't have gas. I believe I simply don't have enough of the proper enzymes to digest my food. I have tried papaya enzymes and papain, plant enzymes, and the HCL types, and acidophilus. I have taken about everything a person can take with much help, but not totally eradicating the problem. Any more suggestions?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.