Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have been reading about ibs for a while know i do not have all the commen symptoms but my problem is that i am always thinking about going to bathroom no matter where i go,i always make sure there is bathrooms around is this ibs???

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
if it's just this thinking pattern, then I would say no. of course you an only really be diagnosed by a dr. but there are physical symptoms to IBS - diarrhea, constipation, pain. often though many of us develop the anxiety you talk about due to past problems. for instance, because I've had to make a mad dash to the bathroom many times, I am always checking out where a bathroom is when I go somewhere. worst is that one I had an attack of D when ready to get on a plane - bad enough that I actually had them delay taxi-ing to the runway so I could go one more time. now flying is a high anxiety situation for me. but before that occurence, I had no such thoughts.there are also people who have noth anxiety disorders and IBS and often getting the first under control gets the IBS nuder control too. but still, there are the digestive symptoms I mentioned abovetake carenancy

1 - 2 of 2 Posts