Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know what my body is doing anymore. I was told by a Primary Care Phys. earlier this year that I have "a touch of IBS" I'm not sure if she didn't know what else to tell me or was sick of testing me for all these different things. I really don't even know what IBS is or how to deal with it. I am a 25 yr old male. I have chronic sinusitus and mild asthma. I have daily diarrhea, constant cramps, gas, bloating. My muscles ache and joints hurt all the time. After every meal, I get extremely tired. I can barely move or function. I also get horrible heartburn and will throw up all day long if I don't take ranitidine. I am a full time college student with no insurance, so I don't know what over the counter things I can take to help. I also have pain in my left testicle constantly which almost seems like it is associated with the gas. I don't know if they're linked, but it seems like it. Does anyone have any advice or suggestions? I would appreciate it. Tired in Oklahoma.....

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Jimmy, Some colleges have a student infirmary... see if you have one there and if so, why not run your symptoms by them?Have you tried immodium for the D & cramping? I use the Walmart brand and it works just as well as the name brand. If you are having daily D make sure you are keeping yourself hydrated, that could also help with the fatigue. Also you might want to consider trying Citracel(you can find that in Wallyworld too) as that has the kind of fiber that can firm stool up.You also may benefit by doing some easy stretching type exercises to help your aching joints. Just basic ones, mind you, and slowly.I have never heard of a "touch" of IBS. I thought one either had it or they didn't. But here is some basic info on IBS. (Be sure to click on the "Related Diets" link at the bottom of this page
http://www.gicare.com/pated/ecdgs03.htm Hope this helps and you are feeling better soon.BQ

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Jimmy, Some colleges have a student infirmary... see if you have one there and if so, why not run your symptoms by them?Have you tried immodium for the D & cramping? I use the Walmart brand and it works just as well as the name brand. If you are having daily D make sure you are keeping yourself hydrated, that could also help with the fatigue. Also you might want to consider trying Citracel(you can find that in Wallyworld too) as that has the kind of fiber that can firm stool up.You also may benefit by doing some easy stretching type exercises to help your aching joints. Just basic ones, mind you, and slowly.I have never heard of a "touch" of IBS. I thought one either had it or they didn't. But here is some basic info on IBS. (Be sure to click on the "Related Diets" link at the bottom of this page
http://www.gicare.com/pated/ecdgs03.htm Hope this helps and you are feeling better soon.BQ

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.