Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all: How do you know if you have hemohorroids besides (yet again) going back to the doctor)?This morning had a hard stool, and I think I felt something else pop out. Now my butt is sore and there's a hard lump. No blood though.I'm wondering if I just keep an eye on things and use some cream, or make (yet another *sigh*) doctor's appointment.blbe

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
badluckblueeyes - hi again. The "lump" sounds like a hemmorhoid all right. But the "plop" like something came out, now thats a new one - I've never felt that! But, my doctor said hemmorhoids are your innards protruding out, so to speak. So, I guess that could've been what happened to you, especially if your BM was hard and you had to exert an effort to expel it. My doctor said hemmorhoids are quite often caused by straining while doing BM's. Now, there is over-the-counter medication available for hemmorhoids. You could just ask a pharmacist and they would be able to tell you the best treatment for this.Or, you could go to the doctor but unless the hemmorhoids are really painful and sore, I wouldn't bother. I get hemmorhoids all the time and my doctor usually just tells me not to worry about it - mine are not that bad to require surgery or anything and it sounds as though yours isn't that bad either.But for peace of mind, if you like, by all means go see your doctor.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey there: LMFAO! I meant I felt something POP out...but that is too funny! And yeah, I think I will wait a bit. I've had this sensation before, and when I saw my doctor, I didn't have hemhorroids. Will keep an eye on it...well, not an eye...but you know what I mean....LMAO!In such a weird mood today, blbe

·
Registered
779 Posts
Why dont you just have a warm bath and sit on it for awhile LOL. I mean the heat will be good if it's a hemmoroid. I get them sometimes and there is a lump on the outside, just try to push it back in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.