Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I managed to aggravate my poor little bottom today. It now hurts so much I can't sit, I can't stand, I can't move! I am a sorry sight!!! I must have eaten something that didn't agree with me because today I have been in the bathroom much more than usual and now my bum is paying the price! Usually when this happens I sit in the tub 3-4 times a day for a few days until they settle back down. Can't do that today however, at least not until much later tonight. Any ideas to help until then?? My sore bottom thanks you!

·
Registered
389 Posts
I don't know about places outside of Canada, but I found an analgesic ointment called "Nupercainal" (sp?) to be very helpful at least to get me through the day. It won't help them go away but will help the pain. Check your drug store. Maybe ask the pharmacist.

·
Registered
46 Posts
This is not a quick remedy but I just went thru treatments call IRC, Infared coagulation. It is the alternative to surgery and not painful at all. It is basically a laser type device. You may want to check it out if they continue to bother you. I am not sure it is available in your area. I was amazed on the disappearance of mine after 4 treatments. Good luck.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
realist - I hadn't heard of that ointment. I will have to ask around and see if I can get it here.gebby - that laser treatment sounds wonderful! I have just been putting up with them but I may change my mind about that!Off to a hot bath...finally!!

·
Registered
23,983 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
my doc had told me about auuslo hc. this over the counter cream really helps, naturally it takes a few times to work completely. i will tell you when i have a bout with the massive D's i use it after every movement. it's safe and effective!

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I practically live on witch hazel and should buy stock in the flush wipes company, I use so many of them. Best things ever!
Was having BAD problems last night again. I will be glad when these stupid things go away for awhile!!!!I haven't tried Prep H but have tried Hemmorid. I don't know if its the same stuff or not. I just hate that greasy slimy feeling when I use the creams, so try not to if I can avoid it!

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Larualee, that prep h lube is non greasy and works really well so you know.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.