Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, all - I'm new to the group. I was diagosed with IBS about 10 years ago. At that time it was alternating constipation/diarrhea. Now it's all diarrhea since being pregnant with my second child. Before, just taking Citrucel fixed everything, and I was "normal" and could eat/do what I wanted. Now, nothing seems to work, and I've developed anxiety as well and am on meds for that (Buspar, and tapering off Klonopin). Also seeing an accupuncturist who gave me Emperor's tea pills - but they seem to be making me worse. Plus getting my period seems to be a trigger?Has anyone else had experience with hormones triggering IBS? Anyone use herbal supplements? Also, does anyone take FiberChoice supplements? Any advice/suggestions would be MUCH appreciated? Thanks.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I'm going to give your post a bump up so you can get more help. It has been determined that hormones are a trigger. I think about every woman out there's IBS is worse on their period.Klonopin? That's a form of benzo drugs, right? Xanax is another benzo, it worked for me but sounds like they don't work for you.As far as herbs or vitamin supplements... Caltrate helps best with my D...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. What's a bump up? Yes, Klonopin is a benzo type drug. Buspar is similar, but not of the same chemical structure so doesn't have concerns about dependency issues w/long term use, which is why I'm tapering off. The Klonopin was just to get me through the anxiety until the Buspar kicked in (4-6 weeks).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. I posted this on the women's issue board too, which maybe i more appropriate, so we'll see what happens. Thanks for responding.

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
I have successfully treated my d for 4 years with a grapeseed based mixture of anti-oxidents.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts