Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,I am doing some research on herbs that are preconception and conception friendly and I read something I found interesting. The book says imodium is baby safe but herbs such as chamomile, peppermint tea and peppermint should be completely avioded. This book has been written by two doctors. I drink like 4 cups of peppermint tea a day plus take 3 pepperment vitamins a day. Wondering if I should stop or not. Also the book recommends no more the 1000mg of calcium and I am taking about 1600mg a day. I am getting so confused with all these different recommendations. Has anyone else heard this?Thank you

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
There are some herbs than can help induce miscarriage. One of those things where you wouldn't want to rely on them if you weren't happy you were pregnant, but if you're wanting to be pregnant you won't want to take any chances, especially with larger doses. Your OB/GYN probably can give you a list of things to avoid, or even Planned Parenthood. Someone I knew got a pregnancy test there (she was happy to be positive) and was really surprised by some of the foods she was supposed to avoid. I'd definitely check with the doc.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.