Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What does everyone take for the pain? I have IBS-C. My pain usually starts about 15 minutes after I wake up. If I am lucky, I can get 15 minutes of pain free-time...the other times I wake up with the pain. This is the kind of pain that doubles you over naturally. I only get relief from taking 8 mg of Dilaudid. "help"

·
Registered
57 Posts
I take bentyl (I think thats how it is spelled) for pain and it seems to help me. I had taken Levsin for a while but all it seemed to do for me was make me nervous and paranoid; that was no fun. The one thing that really helps is laying down with a heating pad on your stomach. Wish you the best and I am sure that others will have some suggestions for you.------------------bats!Joanna

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was like you for years! I dunno IF I am going through a good period or if what I am doing is working but will share in case it might help. I am now drinking tons of water..I start in the morning..I do deep breathing stress relaxing exercises..I mean REALLY work with this! I have an OLD book and am doing what it say's and never realized just how tight I was holding my gut muscles! You have to breath in really deep and push it out till your stomach muscles feel like they are reaching your back. It's hard at first but keep trying and you'll feel what I mean.Also when you lay down with your head on a pillow, be aware of how you actually hold your neck muscles and never really relax. Try and just let it all go and really sink into that pillow. I think we are possibly the type that never totally relax. The deep breathing really helps if you can get to that point of feeling REALLY relaxed. I also take Perdiem (sp) at night before bed. I have been going to the bathroom every morning and have been doing really well. I've even been able to leave the house lately
I take bentyl as well. Please let me know if any of this helps you

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nytebugg - The heating pad does work, but I can't attach it to my body on a constant basis.Wilted Flower - you do have a point with the stress. I am one big stress ball. My muscles are so tight I should be in fabulous shape. I am taking an antispasmodic and an antidrepressant, along with the Dilaudid.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cinaje...I wish I could upload the pages in this little old book..sometimes the simple things do really work. I hope you will try them too
I know how we get even more stressed when our tummy's hurt
that's the time to REALLY try the deep breathing..sorta like panting like childbirth but LONGER breath..slower. Would Love to hear it works for you!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts