Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Here's an idea you might consider...After thanking him for the afternoon job, it might be best to then tell him why it is so important. It's possible that he cannot control the trainer's hours, but you can ask if it can be rearranged. If not, offer this one-time-only effort that might work so you can be there by 10. Tell him how it will be hard on you since the only way to make it more possible will be for you to get up and start your day hours earlier, although that disturbed sleep may well backfire on you medically... but you'd be willing to do it this one time, but never again (ie for future projects).It's probably best to tell him about your needs, with the dr's letter, right away, upfront, especially since another supervisor already knows about it.And, by showing your difficult compromise for this one time, it will reflect good on you, that you're trying to help him, so he won't view you as a difficult, demanding employee.I've had to do that starting my morning hours earlier thing, when it wasn't possible to arrange something just for me. It's risky, but it can work. My personal problem is that I also have systemic rheumatoid arthritis with severe daily early-afternoon fatigue, so I actually have only a short reasonably safe window of time inbetween each condition's worst time periods. Life is very tricky. But, I have done that getting up early idea when absolutely necessary... ie in November when I was a morning witness in a criminal trial -yikes, I was so scared and loaded up on imodium! It's just a thought.... Good luck,Cathy

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.