Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone, i signed up to this support group for IBS about a year ago n gave up on it, im not sure why, but anyway i am back, mainly because i want to talk to other people with the same annoying problem that just never seems to go. at the moment i am having symptoms everyday. for me IBS was a gradual thing; it first started in the last year of uni and possibly worsened after going on hol to dubai. it started as just grumbly tummy/ intestines in seminars and at cinema n then got to the point where i just felt like i was guna poo myself all the time, which i have yet to do, thank goodness. ive had the camera down my throat cos one of my blood tests came back inconclusive, then the biopsy came back inconclusive for coeliac, any way that was that the docs stopped there. then i went back again n went for an ultrasound, to which the doc said he could see loads of gas. anyway, ive tried loadsa different meds and alternative type remedies, some seem to work better than others but dont make me feel like i used to. bit by bit this condition wrecks ur social life, i went from being a really outgoing person to someone who prefers to not go out on big social events and now its even got to the point where even with my close friends im not seeing them much cos its easier to not go rather than have to leave early n feel all uncomfortable. most of my friends seem to understand but that still doesnt make it an easier to be honest. i still push myself to do things though and do quite a bit really when i think about it, but it is very hard when have all these awful symptoms, like u all will know. anyway, im a 25year old female who has just moved to manchester, so if anyone around this area or elsewhere wants to have a good moan about IBS and swap ideas for possible 'cures' message me. i think we should all get together and go to the cinema (providing it has quite a few toilets) or somewhere else and just think so wot if we need to spend 20 mins in every hour or two on the toilet then so be it, we maybe need to take on a so what attitude, what is the worst that can happen, if we all stand together it won't be as embarrassing SHOULD the worse happen xxxx

·
Registered
255 Posts
Hi
Yeah i can really relate to that. I've had I.B.S since I was born. I'm 28. So i've had many experiences with it. lol. Maybe we should all build ourselves caravans, so that we can have our own toilets. It just annoys me, when someone needs the loo when i'm on it, if it's a bad I.B.S day. I think you'll probably know what i mean by bad I.B.S day ;)I've tried every damn laxative i can think of, yet they just sit there in my tummy not ever really doing what they say they'll do on the box. My I.B.S feels worse when I'm on my periods. They make me have terribly painful spasms. Probably a very similar pain to giving birth, either that or i am really giving birth. lol. Still, giving birth may feel worse. How am i to know anyway? As i've never been pregnant. Sometimes eating meals is out of the question for me. Hope you're ok. Much love.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Aww hi Sarah, thanks for ur reply, yes it is ######!!! pardon the pun!! hahah. had a really naff night with IBS last night. With me, the IBS is always there, but yup some days/ hours are better than others, i think hormones may make mine worse as well, thing is i try n block it out as best i can and sort of force myself to do stuff/ go places even if i am feeling dreadful cos i know that bit by bit IBS wrecks ur life enough. send me a private message with ur email address n we can chat through that if u like. Im sorry to hear u av had IBS since birth, that is really dreadful, at least i got to av quite a few good years before it hit me. altho my mum said to me that there was a time when i was younger when i used to be constipated, like when i was about 4 or something. some people say there might be a link between being a perfectionist and ibs, and i used to be very much a perfectionist, liking everything in order, who knows hey?! i just wish the doctors i see and ive seen a couple would actually at least try to understand/ help, they all seem so useless so far. i think i am going to have to rejig my diet again, maybe av to go back to the exclusion diet, yummm turkey and potato all the way, bleurghhhhh :-/ think gluten and possibly lactose n egg n fruit had effect on me, but its still really hard to pinpoint n find out even after all this time. Zoe xxx

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i also think im guna try fybogel again as sometimes when its really bad that does seem to help, might take it more regularly, cos it does initially make u feel bit more bloated than usual, but when u get that something stuck in ur intestine of internally sticky sort of a feeling in ur intestine it does help xx

1 - 4 of 4 Posts