Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey. My name's Jay, I'm 22 and I've suffered from IBS since I was 15. I had a bout of gastroenteritis and since then it has never gone away. My father had stomach problems all his life so it may be something I inherited. Seven years of IBS has taught me a lot about the illness. Some weeks I'm perfectly fine and others I have cramps (like today). But no matter how I'm feeling, I refuse to let IBS rule my life. I'm in charge of things and IBS is just like an unwelcome guest - it's there, you don't like it, but you get on with things. My girlfriend also suffers from IBS, as does our eldest son, and we have another one on the way and we're hoping that kid doesn't get it. But anyways, the one thing that annoys me about IBS is the pain, the excruciating, don't-want-to-move-else-everything-will-drop-out pain that comes from my left side - it always feels a bit tender but when the cramps come it's horrific. I know that rubbing my stomach helps a lot, as does drinking tea. But no matter how I'm feeling, I have people to look after and things to do and I won't let IBS take over.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.