Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having trouble E-mailing replys. Thanks for your reply. I had two barium enemias by the time I was 26. Both showed no sign of organic illness. The last one, done along with a sigmoidendoscopy showed nothing except "severe" spasming of the lower sigmoid colon (I have no problem feeling this, it is a dull aching pain). Anyway now I am 40 and am still experiencing the same symptoms on and off. I bought some Caltrate Plus yesterday and have had three tablets over the last 36 hours. How long before you noticed an improvement in your symptoms? Also, considering the fact that my symptoms are the same as usual, how often do you recommend being reevaluated by a GI doc? Obviously I am not looking forward to another round of lower GI invasive tests.------------------TWK

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
twkcam,Hi, I've never tried to use the email/reply icon. I'm a chicken. I just recently learned how to use the post editing icon!I started to see results from the Caltrate Plus within a day or two. I've also been really strict with my diet. I was diagnosed Nov. '98 so I'm kind of a newbie to ibs. Check out Rob's post about "What Works for me, Type D. People are replying with what they do to control their ibs (drugs, diet etc.)As far as if you should get reevaluated, that is up to you (sorry, I'm no dr.) If you feel for any reason that you should have things checked, I'd say go for it - if only for the peace of mind.------------------Martha[This message has been edited by Martha (edited 03-05-99).]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts