Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ya everyone im so glad ive found these forums. I havent been diagnosed yet with IBS but im pretty sure thats what ive got after my appointment with the DR. Hes sending me for an ultrasound first and i keep getting lower left abdomianl pain that radiates down my leg as well. I normally open my bowels once a week and i get more pain in my left hand side just after ive been, also the day after im a emotional wreck, very tearful sore boobs. Im hoping someone on this forum can help. Many Thanks

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hi, Tania. I'm new here, too, but feeling settled in already. Nothin' says comfort better than a forum like this! Or...something.
I normally open my bowels once a week
Have you had anyone check to see if you might be a sloth? It happens to the best of 'em.But seriously, have you been checked out for diverticulosis yet? With the left side pain it's worth checking out, I think, just to be sure. Otherwise, switch the sides where your pain is, add some constipation (for you, not me), and your symptoms sound spot on to mine! I haven't heard anyone else mention the pain radiating down your leg, but that's what happens to me when the pain flares up.Let us know what you find out, eh?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hiya thanks for getting back to me! I think the ultrasound is the first thing, do you know if they can pick bowel problems this way at all or is it a different kind of test for that? I hate going to the loo as i know that what sets the pain off also it seems to affect my hormones when i go.

·
Registered
152 Posts
HI there, I had the ultrasound before the colonoscopy to rule out gall bladder issues and to check the spleen, liver and kidneys.I think that is standard practice.I hope it goes well for you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.