Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I've been reading some of the posts and am so happy to find other people who get excited to poop! It's not exactly what my husband and friends want to hear about, ya know? There are so many things that ya'll are talking about that I haven't ever heard of, so I'm sure I'll learn a lot here. About me - I've had IBS-C for about 4 years. Some of the time I've been able to control it somewhat with diet and exercise, but other times (usually winter months) it is unbearable and I can't go without a laxitive or enema for months. I tried Zelnorm and it worked okay, but not great and I was worried about the side effects, esp. with it being so new on the market. About a month ago I started seeing an acupuncturist and she put me on digestive enzymes, which helped a lot, and fish oil (not sure that's doing anything) Of course I take massive amounts of fiber every day and stay away from white flour and fatty foods which seem to clog me up the worst. One thing that I've been reading about here and would like to know more about - mineral oil? How much do you take? Sorry this is so long. THanks for listening and I look forward to reading your posts!Louise

·
Registered
231 Posts
Welcome, Weezer. Yes, here you can talk poop all you want! I've not tried mineral oil. I do use fiber, probiotics, Aloe vera juice, and a new product (to me) IBx. I'm doing pretty well right now. How old are you? I also exercise, drink water, and watch my diet.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi ABNormal, thanks for responding. I like your post name! I'm 28 F. I definately want to try probiotics after reading some of the posts here. Is there a brand you'd recommend? What is IBx?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.