Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
155 Posts
I'm like you. 20 (I'll be 21 this year) and have had IBS since I was about 13 or 14 and my IBS was all anxiety related. What finally worked for me, was Paxil. I took Zoloft first, but didn't like the side effects (but everyone's different. It did really help my IBS). I, then, started Paxil, and it has been a lifesaver. I only take 10mg, which isn't much at all compared to some people. But, it's enough to keep me calm. I haven't had non-food induced D since October of 2005. (I have trouble with dairy products.... they sometimes give me D if I overdo it).I know a lot of people don't want to be on those kinds of pills, but it's the only thing that works for me, and I wouldn't trade 'em for anything. I only wish I'd started them in high school, so I wouldn't have spent "the best years of my life" sitting home alone because I was too scared to leave the house and get D....

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.