Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi im new here and wondered if anyone could give me any answers.Im 21 and have had IBS since i was 15/16.Its been over the last couple of years my worrying started getting worse.I dont really suffer from IBS too badly (something i feel very fortunate about)but whenever i need to go out, usually somewhere new or far away (not exactly perfect for a biker in training )i get stressed (im a terribly nervous person anyway)and then im stuck in the bathroom all morning.Basically im looking for a way to calm my nerves cos that is where my problem lies i believe.I know about the IBS program 100 thing and wondered if this may be my shining star ?Thanks in advance Mark

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi thanks for the imput.I use loperamine when going out and used colpermin in my teens but it wasnt really for me.I know my symptoms arent bad and so i think that meditation/relaxation would really do the trick and so wondered what are the most recommended

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
quote:Originally posted by AllyKatt17:I just thought I'd say that i'm 26 and I feel for you guys. I like you have had panic attacks a lot lately but unlike you I havne't taken anything for them. thats my next step but it's just nerve racking. I guess I should ask if with the anti depressants you have gained any weight?
I had panic attacks when i was at school which led to me missing about 75% of my final year so i got terrible grades so i know where your coming from.Never been one for anti-depressants as i've been prescibed most of em for depression but they have little effect on me.Moderating your diet just becomes second nature after a while and your barely miss the foods you crave so badly at first

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the tips.I think i'll have to get some of the IBS tapes cos that sounds just like me.I imagine that combatting my mental barriers will be the biggest step for me and once i've learned to do that i'll be able to go out and live life right

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.