Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
hi dont want to say my name on here but i live in england and im 15doctor said i got ibs even though its real bad 2 me i guess im lucky in a way...for now i only have it when i get up early for skoolmonday is real bad need to go toilet 4 times in morning bad pain diareah usually settles down as the week going on never had problems friday i no it all sounds very wierd.. :Ssometimes need to go at skool biggest problemwhen im on skool holidays or weekends im fine (hoping it stays that way)been doctors gave me a box of mebverine or something tablets hoping that will help but i have a bad feeling it wont :(worried about the whole thing because of my life ahead going to college and workalso been told its do with anxiety but the only thing im worried about is this so i guess i cant help itif any1 is got the same sort of thing or any can help/give me tips on how to cpethat wouldbe great thanks

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Doesn't really matter why you are anxious it can be worth learning some coping techniques or getting treatment for that.Anxiety will never help any health issue you have. There are several techniques like the relaxation response and progressive muscle relaxation that are in a lot of books and the directions for a lot of these sorts of things are on line. May be worth looking at a few of them and see if anything looks like something you would practice regularly.If you sleep in on the weekends that may also be why Mondays are worse and your mornings get better as the week goes on. Getting off schedule can be a physical stress that may make the IBS worse than it usually is.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im off to bed now 1.00 am in the morning england ty for the reply if any1 else got help please say herei may also consider getting up the same time i do on skool days (6.45) on the weekends too for a month or two see if it makes a difference

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.