Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading posts i finally got the nerve to join in, all of you seem so nice and understanding, and lets face it NO ONE can understand what we are going through exceptsomeone who is sharing this awful experience. I am IBS D (have had all the tests) am taking caltrate with some success and now the doc had put me on Librax. Has anyone had any success with this drug? Any bad side effects. Thank you every one I am already glad i have joined this group.

G

·
Welcome aboard, Knothappy!I am not usually happy either but you can learn to live with this IBS thingy. I cannot answer your questions because I am both C and D and therefore, I don't do what the D's do. IBS is an extremely individualized disease but it sounds like you are on the right track. Read all you can on this site and don't be afraid to talk about your bowels here. That is what we do. Also, get your mind off of it by joining in on The Meeting Place. That is for non IBS stuff. You need to laugh a lot. It will be good for you.But, welcome aboard and we are all nice here. You will see some heated discussions but what are families for anyway? LOL!!!!! Flux is a character all by himself. Take opinions from everyone with a grain of salt. Stay in touch with your Doc and if you don't have a good one; find another.Well, I am a rambler on here as you will find out.Cheers and happy reading forever!!!!!!!AMF

G

·
Welcome, knothappy. I have absolutely nothing original to impart to you on your Librax question (although I'm sure many others on the board will--there are quite a few posts on the topic). You caught my attention, however, with your "no one can understand what we're going through" comment. Isn't that the absolute truth? I'm brand-spankin' new here myself, and I still can't believe that I've found this place. For years I've been dealing with my IBS-D alone, without a single other person on the planet that I felt I could really talk to about this. Now all of a sudden TA-DAA!! we've got a community of over a thousand people that actually UNDERSTAND!! I'm almost weepy.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Welcome, knothappy! We all felt the same way when we stumbled in here to Jeff's wonderful BB. Porcelain Gargoyle...I LOVE the name!!! I have a few gargoyles sitting on various shelves here...but not one on the toilet...might be a good spot for one. *L* Welcome to the board.

G

·
Welcome to the group, knothappy. We understand what you are going through. I am IBS-D and have it pretty much under control with Imodium AD and Calcrate Plus.------------------LET'S ALL PRAY FOR A CURE TO THIS IBS SOON!BETTIE

·
Registered
5,427 Posts
Welcome to all newcomers,If you are IBS D (Diarrhea) Please don't wait go get the caltrate plus in the purple and white box. Take one with each meal and you should feel some relief very soon.Let me know if I can answer any questions on the calcium for you. Email is best so I will be sure to read them.Linda

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
I just wanted to say welcome to knot and Gargoyle! You found a great group of caring and helpful people. Enjoy!------------------"When I find myself fading, I close my eyes and realize my friends are my energy." (anonymous) Missycat

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.