Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,First post here...great site!I'm female,29 and in the UK.I was diagnosed with IBS over 9yrs ago now and up until last yr I didn't suffer constantly with the symptoms... every few months or so ,mainly really bad colicky pain with constipation.I was prescribed several different anti-spasmodics which really dont help with the pain,anyway a few months a ago I started to get a indigestion pain behind my chestbone and a constant gnawing pain under my left ribs..a pain after eating and awful pain as the food travels through my body(I can feel it move!)Gp thinks its a ulcer or acid..I never have had heartburn..Im on a massive dose of Losec 40mg and awaiting a endoscopy..I am really suffering with constipation..some times I m going once every 4-9 days..got given lactulose..not shifting anything ,also tried Senna which causes me pain ...sick of pain and getting worried as the meds dont seem to be helping any of my symptoms....Any advice?Lucy

·
Registered
348 Posts
Hi LucyAm wondering if you take any supplements to help with the ibs? I would recommend you trying a soluble fiber supplement - after 30+ years of living with this I have found a soluble fiber supplement very helpful. I am the opposite to you though (diarrhea) and the other thing which has helped me is Acidopholus which I also take daily.If you go onto www....com you will find tons of valuable information (and active message boards) - you should find more help regarding the fiber supplement for when you are constipated.Judith

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.