Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone i am new to this forum but not to IBS. I am at my witts end and need some help badly! I had lots of sinus infections for 2 years and took loads of antibiotics. Then i started to develop bad pain behind my eyes. Then my stomach got real bad. Then my first ever bladder infection. All this in a 6 month time. I still have the pain behind my eyes 24/7, bad bloating after anything i eat and gas and stomach pain and nausea and bladder pain. I was diagnosed with IBS although i dont know if im D or not. I have lose stools but they arent watery so i dont know if thats IBS-D. I really dont want to take anything that constipates me either. I was also diagnosed with interstitial cystitis, which is bladder inflammation (literally the worst thing ever). I have been so consumed with my bladder and going on a diet for that, that my stomach has gotten really bad. Granted i would rather my bladder be better any day, although i would still like to not have any stomach pain either.ANYWAYS, i dont know what to do for my pain. I have gone to gastrologists, the mayo clinic which all just say they guess its IBS. I have had other alternative doctors say i have lyme disease, one say i have parasites and bacteria, and another say i have candida. I have had three stool tests and so much blood taken i should be dead by now. I have no idea whats going on with me. out of the two of the stool tests i took just a month ago one said i just have malabsoption of fats and i am missing some good bifido bacteria and another said i have a few cysts of entamoeba coli and an abundance of some bacteria called enterobacter. The thing is though so many doctors are telling me soo many different things that i dont know what to do. Antibiotics are what i think caused this so i dont want to take anymore or any antibacterial herbs either and make myself worse. And thats what they all want to do. Plus I dont want to take all these herbs and never get better since no one knows 100% whats wrong with me. All I know is my stomach hurts everytime i eat. And i dont know what to eat for IBS or to help my digestion because nothing seems to help. i know im not absorbing my food or nutrients. Ive but out of carbs and sugar with no help in symptoms. I even went on a two week raw goats milk diet where thats all i ate and nothing. I am to the point where i just want to mask my symptoms. Can anyone help me please!! i wanted to do the natural root. i even went to acupuncture for a month with no help. But i just cant take it anymore i want to get out of pain and live my life! is there anything that i can take to help with the pain and nauseua and bloating after eating?? i literally lost so much weight i cant afford to lose anymore i need to eat! i also have to be careful about my bladder since that is my #1 concern so anything you guys can think of to help please let me know! its not really for IBS-D or C just for bloating and pain, etc. any herbs or medicine will do. please!!!

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Have you tried peppermint tea 30 minutes before a meal?Most of the post eating pain is colon activity, not from any not digesting a given food thing. Giving the colon something that calms the activity before you eat can help and peppermint does that.If just limiting carbs doesn't help you could try a probiotic as that reduces the amount of gas made.You might also try pancreatin (dietary supplements can work, just make sure they have pancreatin in them, not just papaya and other plant enzymes) as sometimes taking that at the start of a meal can reduce bloating after meals.If you want to try to get some of the actions of antidepressants without taking drugs (as they reduce pain) you could try St. John's Wort, SAM-e, or 5-HTP. I don't know if they've helped many people but that is the natural route to go for that sort of thing.If you want medications most are really prescription. antispasmodics (Levsin, Bentyl) used like the peppermint tea. Antidepressants can reduce pain. You can get prescription pancreatin (like Creon).Eating more often but smaller meals usually is better than eating bigger meals. Figure out how many calories you need and then eat that amount 300-400 calories at a time 4-6 times a day to get the total you need. Some people can tolerate things like Ensure to get more calories in.

·
Registered
708 Posts
wow, okay for the bladder have you had a pelvic ultrasound ? Are bladder infections frequent with you because maybe the problem is higher up like in the ureters causing hydronephrosis !! I mean that is just one idea. Cranberry juice of course is good but you can also take cranberry capsules and ensure you drink lots of water.As far as the IBS problems, it sounds like your system is messed up from probably the antibiotics you've taken. the best way to heal that is through probiotics. I am currently taking align which I bought at walmart which is the bifantis probiotic. I like it so far but have only had a few doses.As far as your eye / sinus pain...I just hope you had that further investigated like a CT scan or MRI to look at that whole area to see what is going on.I don't know anything about lyme disease. If a doc thinks you have parasites then that needs to be treated and it might be treated with more antibiotics but while you take them, you take a probiotic and keep taking it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.