Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I was looking for info. on IBS and came across this BB. I've been told I have IBS,though sometimes I wonder if dr's tell us it's IBS when they don't know what else to say. I just got the results of my upper & lower GI and found out I have Gerd and a distended stomach. I'm not sure exactly what a distended stomach is.I do have a question,does anyone get a feeling in the stomach [above the belly button] like you have a hard rock just sitting there,like my food never went all the way down. if I cross my arms or bend forward the pressure is terrible. has anyone ever felt this before,is it part of IBS?Thanks for your help,see ya around the BB

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
hi bettywelcome to the board! sorry you have to be here
yes, I kind of think you're right about IBS being what you have when they can't pinpoint something else. I've come to that conclusion not just because of the rule out diagnosis but because IBS can be so different for different people.I can't relate to your specific symptoms although I'm sure someone will. It sounds like you're IBS C meaning you have constipation predominantly? also GERD? Personally, no GERD for me but I alternate bewteen C and D with my IBS.My best advice is to poke around reading up all you can, ask a lot of questions and be as specific about your symptoms as possible. I'm confident you;'ll find help as I did when I came here.nancy

·
Registered
48 Posts
Welcome BettyNancy and the gang are having cocktails on the meeting place board.I believe it's an open bar. Good place to introduce yourself.Tell them Mike sent youMike..........professional rye distiller

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi and welcomedistended means swollen, bascially saying your tummy is swollen (which I can relate to, mine is at the moment because i am currently C i have a fair ammount of gas building up.)CheersJo

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Hi Betty, Welcome to the BB. I hope you get an answer to your question. I've never experienced that myself, but perhaps someone else has. What has your doctor recommended for the IBS?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts