Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. Whats Up? My name s nolan and im 14 years old ive had ibs for a long time i remeber i used to play outdoor soccer when i was like 6 and i would get to the game and have to get my dad to drive me to a place to go to the washroom. im ibs-d if that d stand for diheara. My stomach seems to be not feeling good but whenever im having a good time or hanging out with friends my stomach never bothers me i can eat almost anything and im fine. But im starting highschool tomorrow and im gonna be worried just because its something new and different. I was perfectly fine in grade 8 becuase i had lots of friends and i only had like 2 times where i had to go to the washroom because of ibs and it was because i ate something bad. im really worried about highschool because i got sick the morning of the day you go to the highschool and look around...weird hey. i hope it will be fine but can you give me some tips and advice?

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Hi Nolanwelcome to the board! What you describe sounds pretty familiar to a lot of us. ONe thing I want to ask - have you been to a doctor to be diagnosed yet? It's important to be sure that you are really dealing with IBS and not something else like Crohns. a few pieces of advice - read up on all the things that have helped people. Recognize that IBS is different for different people. You say you have IBS D (and yup, D=diarrhea). There are people here with IBS C (consitpation), IBS C/D (alternate between the two - that's me!), or people with mostly pain, or gas or a lots of combos of the above. So it's important to realize this when reading what helps people.you might want to check out the forums for teens - I'm sure a lot of teens are dealing with school issues and anxiety at this time of year.best of luck to you!nancy

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey thanks ya i got those gay probe tests and tubes and chalk drink and junk and been to a bowel only doctor like twice and im goin back again in like 10 days. ive read around and my ibs seems to be pretty low key compared to others. I really hate when my ibs gets in the way of my life like highschool i want to have fun i know the first few days are weird cause its a lot bigger then elemantary but i hope i can get in the routine and settle down. i cant each much food ether unless im havin a good time like the summer of grade 6 i spent about 10 minutes everyday inside or around washrooms and i was fine because i was just hangin with my friends in the park.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
HiThe ole' IBS test is not any fun
Hang around here and keep reading what has helped others ..It might be different foods, medications, stress management ....keep reading all the knowledge you can about IBS

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Good luck to you...high school can be a lot of fun. For me sometimes new experiences can cause an IBS attack. I try and do deep breathing, suck on some mints and things like that. (I'm IBS D as well) if you eat at the cafeteria watch out for their foods...some can be pretty bad for our IBS! You'll save money anyways bringing your own lunches.Take care!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.