Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im new have had ibs for 5 years still struggling to cope with it it has kinda taking over my life my marriage is kinda rocky because i ont know whats going to happen we cant plan things because i never know when an attack will happen is there any help what do couples do are friends quit calling and ask to do anything because we said no so many times my husband is pretty out going but because im sick most of the time we sit home he is very understanding but i can see the disapoinment in his face alot any advice for me

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Wiggs Welcome Why don't you tell us what your worst symptoms are so we can guide you a bit better? Also tell us what you have tried to manage them, for how long and what the result was.Symptom management CAN be attained. It just takes some trial & error, time & patience. Usually folks find that a combination of a few treatment methods working in concert works best.But tell us a bit more so we can help you better.And maybe pretty soon you will be able to go out with your Hub more often!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hi Wiggs 1 sorry to hear that you have what most of us have.It is very hard to live with it but you do manage to cope a little bit better than you used to, but it does get you down as it does have a big impact on your life.I have not been in a relationship because of it going on 4 years now, so I can understand how you must feel, but unless you have it people do not understand how we feel.If I am planning on going out early I take a tablet before I go to bed then one when I get up if I feel funny in the tum I take another tablet, I always get up early on the days I am going out early to make sure I am not going to have a accident.I am presuming you get the dreaded Diarrhea. They are the tablets I am talking about and I also take a Probiotic every morning before food.You never said if you have been to a doctor or any other information, so hope I have helped a bit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts