Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.It was so wonderful to find this website...you can feel so alone making a mad dash for the bathroom!! I was 'diagnosed' with IBS a year and a half ago, and it has gotten progressively worse. Every time we think we found the foods that are triggering my 'D', we find we were wrong. My symtoms occur immediately after eating, and last multiple 'rounds.' I used to love eating out, and now I dread it. In fact, I was always the one with the 'iron stomach,' and now my safe foods make me do the bathroom dash. I have a supportive boyfriend, although our ailment is very hard to understand. He is a fast driver when necessary, and has started carrying toilet paper in the car in case of a real emergency. He accepts the fact that I am more comfortable ordering in, although we miss going out to nice restaurants very much. I am currently taking Levsin, which I think is worthless. It worked at first, and now just gives me a false sense of security.I am very interested in the Caltrate Plus...but what does it do? Any other suggestions would be great.It is just nice to know that I am not alone.Have an IBS free day!!

·
Registered
464 Posts
Welcome to the board Jaime, glad that you found this board. We are all here to help and support each other . We all have similar and different symptoms, that is why IBS is so hard to handle. You should try Caltrate. Get the Caltrate Plus in the Purple and White box, its the one one with the added vitimans in it. Start out taking 3 a day with meals, and if you become constipated cut back until you find the right dosage. It has worked very well for many people here on the board. LNape is the one that first discovered it and she is more than willing to answer any of your questions. Its for D. Maro
------------------"FRIENDS ARE ANGELS WHO LIFT US TO OUR FEET WHEN OUR WINGS HAVE TROUBLE REMEMBERING HOW TO FLY"

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Jamie and welcome to the BB!
You'll find tons of support from friendly folk here, and some good humor, too.LNAPE is the authroity on the Caltrate. Look for her posts and the you can e-mail her (I think...). I take it 2-3X a day and it works about 60% for me. Some people find it works much better than that, but as you know IBS is a real finnicky disease.
Anyway, again welcome and join our chats Sundays at 8:30 PM EST and Weds. same time.Mike------------------I'd rather have a free bottle in front of me than a prefrontal lobotomy.

·
Registered
117 Posts
JaimeI just found this site yesterday and has the same question you had on the caltrate. Any support with ibs has to help. I was so surprised to see there are many people with the same problems. This can be a very lonely way of life.Nice to meet people who have helpful ideas.Thank you

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.