Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
My name is Chip. I suffer with colonic inertia after a lifetime of chronic constipation. I have pretty much got it under control with polyethylene glycol and diet now. I was wondering if anyone could give me tips on what kinds of protein are most absorbable with this condition.
It's nice to be here.
Chip

·
Functional Nutrition Gut Health Coach
106 Posts
Welcome Chip, glad you're here! From many many conversations with IBS clients, it seems like chicken and white fish are the easiest proteins to digest. If you're really having trouble, a supplement called SeaCure can help boost your protein, it's one of the baseline ingredients for some tube feeds for people who can't digest.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hello.
You now have a relatively stable stool with laxatives, was it worse before?
Question - how are you with the sensitivity of the rectum. Do you clearly feel the urge to defecate when your rectum is full?
I just wrote a paragraph and it was deleted somehow. Yes, it was much worse before I began using miralax nightly and eating the trail mix I formulated for myself. I have a chronic anal fissure and a normal sized bowel movement will tear it open so I have to keep things soft but not liquid. It really is a delicate balance. Lately, for the sake of convenience, I have been eating these frozen breakfast bowls that contain cheese and that may be the culprit. I will cut them out and see what happens. Thank you for the quick reply Ricky,
Chip

1 - 6 of 6 Posts