Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,I have been lurking on the message board for a couple months now and have found some good information. It is great to have a place like this to get information from other people having the same problems. My symptoms started when I had a couple months of savere stress from family issues and other things. I started out with savere gas cramping, loose BM, and waight loss. I went to see my doctor and had the usual test done barium enima, upper barium GI, colonoscopy, and tons of blood tests but everything was normal. The GI doctor told me I had IBS-D and just blew me off by saying take fiber, lower stress and just deal with it. Since then my symptoms have gotten some what better. I'm not sure if the improvement is from the fiber, lower stress or what. My symptoms have not gone way thou. I usually only have a urgent loose BM as soon as I wake every morning and some gas pains during the day. Now a new problem has doveloped in the last two months. I have been having been urinating frequently especually when I lay down. I don't think it is prostrate problems since when I have the urge to go I never have problems urinating and i'm only 33 yo. I went to the doctor and was tested for diabities, kidney fuction, and electrolyte levels. Everything came back normal. Are many other IBS suferers dealing with frequent urination like this?

·
Registered
779 Posts
Welcome Troy,The frequent urination problem seems to be another symptom of IBS for some women. I haven't heard that men have the same problem though, but I don't see why they wouldn't. It is just another pain in the neck IBS problem to deal with.I get up several times during the night to go, but then I am an old woman (61), so that is to be expected.By the way, you are in a safe, comfortable place now. Feel free to discuss anything with members of this board. We are a unique fellowship. I only found this board a little over a month ago. It is a lifesaver.

·
Banned
202 Posts
Good morning Nerfmom!
Always nice to see you on board! I'm printing out some info for my doctors appt. this afternoon. I hope she has more than 5 minutes reserved for me!Wish me luck! Talk to you soon!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.