Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HiIm new to the site but not IBS.Ive been suffering for about eleven years but was diagnoed about seven years ago now.I seem tu suffer in bouts and past couple of months have been pretty bad.Few years back i tried different remedies and medications and only thing that helped at all was spasmonal,which i will look to go back to my doctors again,but an anyone recommend any diets?I'm struggling ALOT with bloating and cramps.Any help muchly appreciated.Gets me doubled up in pain.I also suffer with the chest pain that others have mention ed and sometimes a burning sensation when burp.Dont suffer with chest and tummy pains together though.Thanks guys :)

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
A lot of people have upper GI (heartburn, often feels like chest pain issues) and lower GI (colon/abdomen) problems together.Diet varies so much.You could try either a high soluble fiber diet or a low carb diet. They are mutually exclusive for the most part but one or the other sometimes helps certain people.Main thing that most IBSers find difficult are high fat, large, greasy meals. Better usually to eat lower fat smaller meals even if you have to eat 4-6 times a day to get enough calories.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Maybe you should go to your GP and let them know about the burping and burning sensation,you may need an antacid and also personally i would ask for a referral if possible to a Dietician then you can go through the food problems/diet with them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I used to have really bad acid reflux along with my IBS. I completely changed my diet: no caffeine, no carbonated drinks, no marinara sauce (though I've reintroduced that in small portions), no peppers, etc. You just kind of have to find your triggers... I know bacon gives me heartburn, so I don't eat it anymore. For IBS foods, I started seeing a nutritionist... and what Kathleen said is basically what I am doing with her. Each individual has there own good and bad foods, you just have to find out what yours are...Good luck and hope this helps!Victoria

1 - 4 of 4 Posts