Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello....I just joined the ibs.org group today. I have been told, but not officially diagnosed yet, that I might have IBS. Uncomfortable tummy is my major complaint. I have even had my gallbladder out (it needed to be out anyway). But I still have the discomfort in the tummy. Some foods intesify it but I can't pinpoint anything. Any comments right now would be appreciated! Charlotte

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello, Charlotte. I am also new to the group. I have had IBS for over 10 years. I urge you to get it checked out and a definitive diagnosis. Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis need to be ruled out. Also, I was recently made aware of a problem that some women are having-akin to prostate cancer-that mimics the symptoms of IBS (bloating, pain, etc). It can be diagnosed with a test calles CA-125. Please ask your doctor about it.Try tinkering with your diet-see what foods bother you. Beano is good for gas. I never leave the house without Immodium.Good Luck.Christine

·
Registered
138 Posts
Hi Charlotte,Welcome to the group. I have had IBS for about 10 years. I had my gallbladder removed a few years ago. My IBS is still the same though. Having my gallbladder removed didn't seem to help the IBS. IBS can be so different for every person. People complain of things such as constipation, diarrhea, or alternating between the two (which is how I am) gas, bloating, pain, and many other symptoms. Some foods do seem to make IBS worse. I am sorry to hear that you are going through this too. Hope you feel better soon.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi Charlotte, I'm Bethany i belonged to boards a longgg time ago so i am a rejoining member. This goes to show you that the good and bad times will come and go. The best words i have heard that can get me through a bad day are that evintually it will feel better. Even if it is only for a few days that you feel beter you will have good days along with the bad. I hope that everybody will have good advice for you. Some people find something that works for them and they never have problems again and some people struggle from trying one thing to another. This group is realy nice to have when you feel like no one else understands the pain or frustration. We have been there even if thing s get extreemly bad you can find someone hear who knows about it. Good luck with everything. Post questions in relation to the type of IBS you have and all of you symptoms. I'll share what knowlege i have. Good Luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts