Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,I am so glad I found this site...hopefully you all that are wise in the subject can help a newby like me.Well I have a long story and would like to share to see if any of you have experienced the same similarities as me.At 27, I had major pain in gut, got a endo and found Gastris. Dropped from 128 to 112 in 4 months. Felt a lot of pressure in gut, exhaustion, weakness etc. After 3 different gastros in Oct of 2000 I went to a doc who did a motlitiy test on me and it came back that I had Gastroparsis, 4 hours delayed.Tryed many drugs and they had a negative effect on me. Eventually my body healed an although I had problems, it subsided a lot. I took Zoloft for a while and help the pain and digestion for some reason.Moving along to year 2006, I went off Zoloft and got pregnant. I had a great pregancy, could eat anything and not feel bad. In 2007 I delivered via csection and since then I am having major lower bowel problems. Has anyone had the same?I was good the first 3 to 6 months and then suddenly I was having bowel movements, 3 times in the am, thin, shredded, never felt evacauted fully. Discomfort before, during and after BM, it would last for a 1/2 hour. It consumes my mornings. I wake at 7 and then 8 I got, 9, 10... I feel terrible most of the morning, and then by mid to late afternoon I feel a little better, no BMs. With all this I have been feeling weak, fatigued, just drained. Plus I feel constant hunger within 30 mins. after eating, all the time or an hour after. I have been checking my blood sugars and some days they are higher then 99, 103 usually. Ar blood sugars affected by IBS?I also developed a year after my son was born a sulfite allergy. I never had an allergy to foods in my life. It has continued to get worse the last year or two. I did a bunch of tests and they just now diagnosed as IBS. But I feel like more is going on with chronic fatigue being a big issue. Does IBS and CFS go hand and hand?I have taken the following tests and I amat my witz end:1) Celiac Blood and Biospy -Negative2) Endoscopy- Found Small Hertial Hernia3) Colonscopy- All Biospy normal4) All Blood tests from Gastro- in Normal5) Gastrin test was up once, then took again it was in range6) A1C- 5.7 on the boderline of pre-diabeticI am planning to take the following tests soon:1) 5 hour glucose2) Lactose intolrence3) Just took a nutrient blood test to see if I am lacking anyhing4) LEAP Therapy blood test- Anyone heard of this and if so, do you think it worked for you. According to a nutrionist, she does this and it tests which foods you have sentivites too. Helps IBS patients.I guess I am tellin the group all this information because I am LOST for WORDS, IDEAS and need support, fresh ideas hat I haven't looked at yet, or other quesitions to ask the gastro, etc... Please HELP!I am just trying to understand if my symptoms are typical IBS systems or I should look else where. Has any of you developed IBS after a c-section. I think I am also having bladder problems, constantly feeling urge to go. No pain, pressure, is this a sign with IBS and if so is it over-active bladder, is anyone on meds for this?I have so many more questions, but I just wanted to start here and tell you a little about my health background.Look forward to hear from you all!6)

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
A lot of people have IBS and a chronic fatigue issue (CFS, fibromyalgia).Sounds typical of IBS, a lot of IBSers have more symptoms in the morning when the colon is most active.Hunger right after a meal can be gastritis (which I have from time to time) I also have a small hiatal hernia but most of the hunger pain is if I've taken too many NSAIDs (like Motrin or Aleve) over the course of a few days."Incomplete Evacuation" an constant urgency to go counts as a discomfort for IBS, you do not need double overed in pain level pain, assorted discomforts count.Abdominal surgery can be a trigger for IBS, some people have overactive bladder issues as well as IBS (similar disfunction and antispamsodics are used to treat both).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your information, very helpful.My doc just gave me an antispasmitic Librax, but it is the generic verison. I haven't taken it yet. Has anyone been taking this and seen a difference with bowels spasms in the morning and overactive bladder?Thanks
A lot of people have IBS and a chronic fatigue issue (CFS, fibromyalgia).Sounds typical of IBS, a lot of IBSers have more symptoms in the morning when the colon is most active.Hunger right after a meal can be gastritis (which I have from time to time) I also have a small hiatal hernia but most of the hunger pain is if I've taken too many NSAIDs (like Motrin or Aleve) over the course of a few days."Incomplete Evacuation" an constant urgency to go counts as a discomfort for IBS, you do not need double overed in pain level pain, assorted discomforts count.Abdominal surgery can be a trigger for IBS, some people have overactive bladder issues as well as IBS (similar disfunction and antispamsodics are used to treat both).

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
I have good luck with antispasmodics (for both IBS pain and overactive bladder) but I haven't taken that one.I have to be careful as I have issues with tachycardia so I'm really sensitive to a lot of drugs that may not bother other people (so I don't take any now, and the IBS is better and I just live with the bladder).The main side effects are dry mouth and they can reduce sweating, so if you go out in the heat make sure to take cooling breaks regularly or just put a wet bandana around your neck to make up the difference. I think the librax has a bit of an anti-anxiety med in it, so the first couple of times taking it I would avoid times when you have to drive until you see how you handle it, and a lot of the drowsy issues tend to fade over time so even if the first time you are a bit drowsy you may be OK when you use it more regularly.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have good luck with antispasmodics (for both IBS pain and overactive bladder) but I haven't taken that one.I have to be careful as I have issues with tachycardia so I'm really sensitive to a lot of drugs that may not bother other people (so I don't take any now, and the IBS is better and I just live with the bladder).The main side effects are dry mouth and they can reduce sweating, so if you go out in the heat make sure to take cooling breaks regularly or just put a wet bandana around your neck to make up the difference. I think the librax has a bit of an anti-anxiety med in it, so the first couple of times taking it I would avoid times when you have to drive until you see how you handle it, and a lot of the drowsy issues tend to fade over time so even if the first time you are a bit drowsy you may be OK when you use it more regularly.
I used librax for a week and it really helped, but man, was I exhausted! I heard you're not supposed to take it for very long though

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just tryed to take Librax and hated it. It was way tooo Strong for me.I called the pharmacist and asked for something else. They gave me Bentyl the generic form. Has anyone been on this?I took it today it was more mild, however I am now more constipated. Do you take a fiber supplement or colace with an antispasmatic?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just tryed to take Librax and hated it. It was way tooo Strong for me.I called the pharmacist and asked for something else. They gave me Bentyl the generic form. Has anyone been on this?I took it today it was more mild, however I am now more constipated. Do you take a fiber supplement or colace with an antispasmatic?
Both the librax and bentyl constipated me.....sometimes I take Citurcel and that helps. Someone here suggested taking half a Librax pill, that it might not make you as sleepy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.