Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well im just really frustrated about it all, its getting me really down. Ive sorta had it my whole life, i was in and out of hospital when i was really little and i only just talked to my mum about it a couple of weeks ago, and that was when she told me that i was diagnosed with IBS, like her. It was kinda a relief, i guess, to know that there was a medical reason for why i have so many attacks of diarrhoea, but i also got really annoyed, cause its getting worse.i havent been to a doctor about it since i wass little, its just too embarressing, ive always taken something called diacalm when i had attacks but its taking stronger doses to have the same effect, and its not meant for IBS sufferers but its the only thing that seems to work. I seem to have attacks really randomly. ive had them after eating loads of sweets and after eating healthy. like today, all i had was a poached egg on toast and a KFC and ive been in and out of the toilet all night. I dont know how to control it and i just want it to stop. A couple of months ago i slept round a friends and i had a really bad attack while i was round there. all i could say was i feel really sick and barricade myself in the toilet for like an hour. I havent told anyone, even my best friend about it, if i had an attack the day before or something, ill just say i couldnt stop throwing up, because to me, throwing up isnt as embarressing as diarrhoea. ive even stopped eating during the day so that i dont have attacks while im out, after i was in a shopping center and i had a really bad attack. i was stuck in the toilet for half an hour and had to rush home to my toilet. its really getting me down, i mean im suffering with really bad crampsnow and its 2am. im just fed up and id kinda like to talk to someone else who can help. im only 18, i shouldnt have to worry about this sort of stuff. does anyone know any medicines that you dont have to go to a doctor to get? and any foods i should be avoiding?thanks for reading my rant

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.