Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new, I'm 17 years old and i'm concerned that i might have IBS. I'm very worried and embarrassed to talk to anyone about this, its amazing i'm typing it now. But anyway, I have frequent visits to the bathroom (maybe 2-3), but i dont have D or C. I do occassionally find blood but its never in a vast amount. I'm worried and need some advice. Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I get the feeling i should, but i have a slight fear of doctors. I know it sounds stupid but i dont think i could cope with going in there and telling him something like that.How serious is crohns?

·
Registered
654 Posts
Hi Rooster,I know this is a very embarrassing thing to talk about, but remember that docs have heard a lot of stuff that is way out there. Make up your mind to see your doc. Bring a list of questions with you, and tell him/her all of your symptoms. Ibs is a very common condition and please don't feel embarrassed especially here, we all know how it is. You do need to see your doc, just to eliminate other possibilities. hang in there.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Hi Rooster. Trust me, there is nothing you could say to a doctor that he hasn't heard before. Maybe you could write it on a piece of paper and give it to him if you can't say it. Blood in your stool is not normal and you need to get this checked out. Maybe your mom/dad/aunt or somebody could go with you. It may just be hemmoroids but please get it checked out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.