Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One more test out of the way. It turned out much better than I had anticipated. I don't think they found anything. I won't hear the results for a couple of days. I still have this twinge under my ribs. May not even be related. I've had a couple of good days without nauseu, so I'm happier. I had accupuncture done last night. Don't notice any difference. Probably to soon for that. Thanks for letting me vent.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I had those twinges under the ribs too and I also had the HidaScan. It was normal. I think those twinges, at least for me, are IBS related. Sometimes they are more than twinges though, they are sharp pains.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Donna -- I'm interested in how the acupuncture works out please keep us informed. Good luck with your test results!Roz

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've never heard of a Hida Scan. Could someone tell me what it is, how it's done etc.? Thanks in advance...------------------Deb

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
HIDA SCAN is a nuclear medicine scan of the gall bladder and how efficiently it processes bile. If your gall bladder isn't working or you have gallstones this test will painfully reveal that fact. Ouch!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you Carol, I had an ultrasound of my gallbladder and was told it was fine. Hopefully it is just as good as the Hida Scan. Take care...------------------Deb

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Debbie G- I may be wrong but an ultrsound will only show gallstones. HidaScan shows whether your gallbladder is functioning properly. I had one and it was normal. Mine was painfree except for laying flat on my back for 2 hours. FC

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.