Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after 8 Imodiums yesterday, I made it through the scan, my back is killing me and the anxiety I had, "What if I have to go and I am on the table" was horrible. What gets me is after all that Imodium ,I came home , ate soup and toast and have Diarreha!! Now I really feel that I have something worse than IBS- like colitis or crones, even though my scope says no inflammation. What if on that day of the scope you are not inflamed?Also I have horrible pain on my right and left side right under the ribs, itis where your colon has that bend in it, I have had this all week. I am totally disgusted with this whole dam thing and really getting fed up with these doctors!!!

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
My last post sounds confusing now that I look at it. I had a hida scand for stones that my DR. thinks I have in the bile ducts. No gall bladder, it was taken out 5-6 yrs back. I had a colonoscolpy about 3 yrs ago. Iam so nauseated I cannot think straight, sorry, I wonder if that junk they put in you for the scan makes you feel lousy??

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
It's possible it may be the stuff they used..I use to be able to take all kinds of medications without feeling bad...the last few years my body cannot take anything without reacting to it...I dont take much medication these days after I got the IBS-D under control...Hope you get feeling better soon

·
Registered
332 Posts
Hi:I am sorry you are feeling so awful. Usually, even if there is no inflammation on colonoscopy, biopsy results will show abnormalities suggestive of inflammatory bowel disease.Regarding your lingering right upper quadrant pain after having your gallbladder out, this can be caused by a number of things. It could be referred intestinal pain; it could be a stone in the duct; it could also be Sphincter of Oddi dysfunction (or biliary dyskinesia). You may want to discuss all of these possibilities with your doctor once you get the results of the HIDA scan. Good luck. JR

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.