Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read on the other post about rlo's horrible experiences with hysterectomy and bowel problems and I'm interested in knowing whether your surgeries were done laproscopically or vaginally or the old fashioned cut method (don't guess they use that any more). I also have adenomyosis, but to a milder degree. I do have very heavy bleeding (but not irregular) and 7-day cycles and paid during ovulation. I have been able to manage with Aleve or Motrin.I went to a new gyn on Thursday and he did a intravaginal exam and discussed my fibroids and that SOMETHING (he couldn't tell me what) was cutting into the left side of my uterus. He said that something had to be done and his suggestion was removal of uterus, hopefully leaving the ovaries.It really has shocked me because I didn't go with anything like that on my mind! I am really able to control my pain and am wondering if this is just a dr. who likes during surgery! And, I definitely don't want to make matters worse by having surgery. He said there would be three incisions on my stomach. How does that work???Any advice would help. Thanks.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for replying Renee. I hope your health issues will soon get better.My uterus is also enlarged, but not to a great degree according to dr. I've never given birth through vaginal canal --- I've only had c-sections. Wonder if that makes a difference; he does know about c-sections. I have so many questions.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.