Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had ibs, diarrhea for as long as I can remember. And I'm 52 now. I recall being sent home from kindergarten due to D. Now I learn that I was molested as a young child and the person who told me says Oh, that's what started the D, I remember..... I have no memory, thank God. Do you think that has any bearing? I certainly am skeptical since I have no memory and don't feel scarred or anything. I'm a very pragmatic person and very stable, good relationships, etc. What do you guys think? Anyone else think this may have triggered you? Apparently my mother was in the same boat.

·
Registered
311 Posts
i was sexually abused as a young child.............did not remember it for over 40yrs.........just cause u don't consciously remember it, ur body & subconscious does..........the damage is there..........& the body keeps reacting to it in many physical ways.............the only way to get to the actual healing, is to remember & then get healed & past it............i can tell u, i've been thru many things in my life, many horrible things, but the abuse that happened to me, was by far the worst...........there is a book, called::........the courage to heal...........amazing book & so very, very hard to get thru............cause the pain comes back & comes back...........u have my prayers & hope.............

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.