Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I am travelling to see my girlfriend next month in Turkey, I went in June to see her and took out extra cover because I suffer from IBS this was quite costly for a single trip and infact did not make much difference. I had a bad bout while I was over there and had to reluctantly go to a Turkish hospital. I just had bad stomach cramps and lots of pain upon entering the hospital I had my cover and my health card and paid for my consulation and the medicine I was given. Upon arriving back to the U.K. I made a claim and to be truthful it was a waste of time, I am a very honest person and kept receipts and documents to send to the insurers but they told me that because the amount was under £50 I could not claim back any medical expenses I was very dissapointed I did read the smallprint about excess but still thought I could get some of the expenses back. I go again in September and might as well just get a standard cover single trip I cannot see any difference just a higher priced quote. Any views?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.