Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to see if you notice a difference around the Holidays with your IBS acting up ?I use to not be able to even go shopping for the holidays and would also get upset if I knew I had to cook a big dinner for alot of people...I would always think about 1 bathroom and tons of people..or the thought of going to someone else house to eat..
I would have myself so worked about about getting sick or even making it there...Can you notice a difference around the Holidays ?

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
YES YES and YES !!I definately notice a difference around the holidays.There are parties, and concerts , dinners, and all kinds of social events , which my tummy does not like at all.I do the best I can though.Usually my mom is here during the holidays and we are on the run at an extremely fast pace. Then I usually have the rest of my family for Christmas Day. There will be a lot less stress this year though.We're not having any company. It'll just be my husband and sons, so I can relax a lot more.No doubt my stomach will feel a lot better too.The holidays DO wreak havoc on my IBS.Jeanne

·
Registered
16 Posts
definitely have problems around the holidays. especially thanksgiving!!! We have to Thanksgiving dinners that day and both families are the kind that get really hurt if you don't eat very much. So I do my best and usually have a rough couple of hours between the two dinners and after the second one. The next day always sucks for me too. But I usually have that day off work so that helps.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I try really hard not to overdo it at the holidays. Stress is a big trigger for me so it's really important. I've learned to say no to some invitations. There is so much I could do at this time but it is too much. I like to pick things that are relaxing to do like make Christmas cards instead of decorating. But I live alone and am not at home at Christmas so my options are pretty open. Only all the travel is the problem. I still have that IBS fear of flying (no getting up during take off and landing!!) and am traveling a lot in the next month.nancy

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Mee too for all of the above. I am getting to dread holidays , and of course there is always the smart alec who has the bright idea of maybe going toa resturant for Thnaksgiving! Not!!I definately decline that one.

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Donna, LOL I am bringing out the hammer.
"Just wanted to see if you notice a difference around the Holidays with your IBS acting up? I use to not be able to even go shopping for the holidays and would also get upset(stress/anxiety=altered gut function= symptoms)if I knew I had to cook a big dinner for alot of people...I would always think about 1 bathroom and tons of people(stress= altered gut function=symptoms)..or the thought of going to someone else house to eat.. I would have myself so worked (stress=altered gut function=symptoms) about about getting sick or even making it there...Can you notice a difference around the Holidays ? -------------------- Donna There is also physical stress on the gut if you eat to much during the holidays.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
EricWhat can I say a very bad weekend !!! very bad and I had to call off from work yesterday...See what happened I got sick just thinking about stress
and it is all your fault

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.