Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a particularly bad flare up which started off as constipation, I came across some info which really helped.I had eaten loads of high fibre but still in problems and had excruciating pain. I read that you have to drink at least 3 glassses of water with the high fibre foods or you would end up with stomach pain.And if that didn't help with constipation then add more oil to the diet. So I started off mixing a teaspoon of olive oil into a glass of water and drinking that down. It worked but tasted revolting so I now use capsules instead. 1 evening primrose and 1 garlic with breakfast. No more constipation.Still have the ibs though. I think that is because I never remember about the water with high fibre foods. (Currently spending a week only eating custard and rice pudding - that will teach me!)Hope that some of this can help you too.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Interesting! I'm glad to hear someone is comin up with their own home remedies. I was just diagnosed with IBS today, and I am looking for information as of now. I am definitely going to write down the capsules you have taken, and try them myself.

·
Registered
828 Posts
try this: UPON arising, on an EMPTY STOMACH, in the mornings, mix a tablespoon of good olive oil with one tablespoon of fresh lemon juice, have a glass of water or juice standing by; mix oil and lemon well, swallow it, chase with water or juice. - Naturally, it helps if you incorporate extra virgin, first cold pressed, olive oil into your dinner regularly, especially at dinnertime.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.