Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
heywell, i got very ill at the weekend, managed to scare a medic. Mum came down tuesday and helped me sort out getting leave of absence from uni cus it was obvious there was no coming back from that one and i was too ill to manage myself. so i'm off uni until the dr declares me fit enough to go back. New medicine again and living at home.thanks for all your support. I think it's gonna be a tough year but hopefully the worst bit's over. Means i have to restart first year and all my friends will be a year ahead but i guess it's better than leaving it and getting chucked out!

·
Banned
3,903 Posts
Hi heth sorry things are not going too well for you at the moment,pity you have to re-sit the 1st year but as you said better that than being kicked out..Ibs is a joy eh! Take care get well soon.. julie

G

·
Listen kiddo there's no shame in any of this and you are never too old to restart - I did my law degree when I was 35 and my solicitor's exams at 38. I had to take a year out (to have surprise baby at 37!! - bless), it was quite hard getting back into the studying, esp with a sprog but I think you are much, much better taking some time out, getting as well as you can, having some tlc with dear old mum (thats what we're there for) and starting afresh. I bet, in some ways, you feel better for having made that decision.Hey, what am I doing on here - better dash around with the hoover - though god knows why my sister always trashes the place.You take care Heth and welcome back to the board.Sue xx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.