Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there! Since finding this group I have made some progress but am still dealing with IBS-D. I am currently on holiday in India and visited a homeopathic DR...at this point I am willing to try ANYTHING as I know you all are too! Has anyone worked w/ a homepathic doc and what was your experience/advice? Also, he has taken me off GLUTEN as it is a major contributor to digestive issues such as IBS-D...anyone else heard that or are you also staying away from gluten - does this help?Thanks in advance! Lisa

·
Registered
497 Posts
My friend swears gluten is evil. I don't know. I need to try going off it to see but it is in so many things!People with celiac cannot tolerate gluten.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Good luck! I tried homeopathy twice and had no luck at all with it but everyone's system is different. Hope it helps.I also tried going GF for 4 months and found it made no difference either but again there are people on here who cannot tolerate it at all.

·
Registered
584 Posts
I don't think gluten has much to do with IBS. There was a long post about this recently. Celiac is not IBS.Still, different things seem to work for all of us, but with how much of a pain in the butt the gluten free diet is, if you don't see results in 6 or 8 weeks, there's not much of a reason to keep doing it.

·
Registered
10,398 Posts

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
I find less gluten--along with corn and oats--is a help in my gas production. Whether I could control this completely dietarily is not something I am inclined to try.There was one "Yahoo ad" that came up on the Board which I looked at. It turned out to be a "homeopathic (and I think Vedic) med site" with a number of treatments for a number of different conditions. Amid the three recommendations for IBS was something for the circulation. Since the supplement I use for my own remission stimulates the circulation--and since I am pretty sure that is key to my own survival of this--that suggests that others, away from this Board, have also found a circulatory component to this. You might ask your practitioner for any suggestions along those lines.Mark

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Gluten is a protien so isn't a big factor in producing gas.The resistant starch that is also found in all the grains with gluten as well as corn and oat is a factor in how much gas is produced as that starch you as a human being cannot digest can feed the bacteria in the colon which do eat it and can release gas.K.

·
Registered
10,398 Posts
quote:the three recommendations for IBS was something for the circulation.
Martian IBS?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts