Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
8,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which meds are people trying out for homeopathy? I would like to be open minded and maybe research the meds. Plase tell us the name of the med and what symptoms it has helped you with?

·
Banned
2,913 Posts
mine was a 1M nux vomica (rat poison) (and for those who don't know --- it does NOT contain any rat poison but just the electromagnetic frequency of it --- it sounds crazy but it WORKS!!!)the doctor did not tell me what she gave me. she kept it a secret so that i would not be influenced by anything that i read.the symptom that cleared the most was this toxic/sick feeling that i felt every day for at least the last 7 years.irritability also decreased greatlyanxiety went way down; anger melted awayhappiness went way upsleep improved a little more (ibsacol has had a very nice effect on my sleep)brain stimulation and alertness and motivation went way up ---- but i have unfortunately given back a fair amount of these gains.also irritability and anxiety has crept back very slightly. anger has mildly surfaced a few times the past week over family matters (still very good) (you have been very mean to me lately but it does not even bother me -- it is strange and unexplainable)No changes have been observed as far as my bowel symptoms or food intolerances

·
Banned
8,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will see what I can find out about the medicine. But it seems to be you are trying the Brain Gut approach from the symptoms it has relieved. Why is Eric's theory so distasteful to you then?

·
Banned
2,913 Posts
eric comes across as a know it all. i tried the cbt (a lot of it) and the hypno. zero results. i tried several of the psychological treatments. i spent a good 7 or 8 years of my life chasing after this method and it was a colossal failure.But as soon as i started attacking things from the physical side (foods, flora, immune functioning) then i saw immediate improvements.MNL has done more to help me than anyone. eric attacks MNL.eric is intolerant of others viewpoints.i do find that several of eric's posts are excellent. i believe his paper from spiller might be my favorite, woods is pretty good, but the unc stuff is irritating (equivocating, mediocre drivel...)---(edit) however, the hypnotherapy does continue to fascinate me. i do think that there is a place for it. in my case it did nothing because the physical problems were too overwhelming. But i am curious as to what it could do for me now that i am much better. i will never forget how relaxed i was after being hypnotized by this one therapist in texas.i need to find out how long the effect is because the effect kept wearing off fairly quick for me.maybe twice per week for several months would do it.---

·
Banned
8,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
kel, got some time today and this was too exciting to keep to myself. And where is Gary? Nux Vomica is for people with a very irritable mind. Stomach symptoms are ineffectual urge to defecate. Of course there are more symptoms than that. So I think your state of mind has definitely improve with that don't know about the IBS part of it.Here are some descriptions of pain I found. Each one had a different medicine.so if you feel that there is an unusual description of pain which matches yours, you can ask me for the medicine and you could research it further. Here are the descriptions from the book1)Stomach-Pressure as from a stone. Feeling as if stomach were pressing against spine2)Abdomen-Pain as if clutched by a han d. Cutting pain across. Stitches in left side of abdomen when coughing sneezing or touching it. Extreme sensitiveness to touch, bed clothes, etc. Stomach- Spasmodic pain in epigastrum. Cdonstriction pain runs to spine3)Abdomen- Agionizing cutting pain in abdomen, causing patient to bend over double, and pressing on the abdomen. Sensation as if stones were being ground together in the abdomen4)Abdomen- very sensitive to pressure, internal feeling of rawness and soreness. Movements as of something alive. Pain and soreness of liver. Colic after drinking5)AbdomenObstinayte constipation due to portal stagnation. Ctrawling and stictching in anus. Sensation of something alive, especially on lefty side. Abdomen swollen, feeling of something heavy6)Abdomen- stabbing pain with chilliness. Boring paion in right side7)Constipation with violent rectal pain, causing stools to recedeMovement as of something living, without pain8) pain in umbilical region extending through to back. Pressing and bearing down, extending into pelvis9)Constant sense of fermentation in abdomen, like yeast working; upper left sid. Pain shooting across lower abdomen, from right to left10) Stiches which may be felt in any part of the body. In rewgion of liver. Feeling of lump in pit of stomach(watchmedream?)Constant feling as if stomach were full of waterThe broad categories of pain11) Pain bearing down, pressing12)constriction, spasmodic13)Lancinating even afrter soft stool14)Long lasting after stool15) Splinter like, pricking stinging, stitching cutting, shooting16)Colicky,crampy, constricting, cutting, griping, pinching17Pressing, plug like18)Pulsating, bbbling19)Radiating shooting, darting, tearing, spasmodic

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Some of that may have to do with the "proofing" process that is the underpinnings of which remedies to use.Since you are matching symptoms to symptoms caused at high doses (Like effects like is the way this is referred to) you want to be exact about which version of the symptoms everything causes. (Cannot use something that causes upper GI pinching pain for a disease that causes lower GI achy pain) So they would spend a lot more time trying to label the location/nature of pain.FWIW in the medical commuinity at least in research in IBS they do this sort of thing as well. I filled out very detailed information about the quality/quantity of pain. However, I do not know if any of that has any significance when they look at results (do not see pinching vs stabbing vs etc etc that I had to fill out being more associated with treatment sucess...but they do record that data).K.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Hi Bonnie , how are you? I haven't been on this board for awhlile, it seem the same just with some different posters. I've decided the BO ( bacteria overgrowth) was a red hering for me, and that my back pain maybe related to IBS in my case. This is a long shot guess but can't shake it. Its interesing how wrong I was about some previuos guesses I made years earlier. Here are some ramblings from an 7 year IBSerNerve pain is an interesting and unpleastant pain. After I had back sugery, 4 months after, my siatic nerve "came awake" and boy did that hurt. Very similair to IBS pain I had been having for years previously. Now I get pain that not only maps down my leg but up my COLON, sitting is the worst, just like when I got bad IBS, walking helps, just like with my IBS. So anyway to make a long story short, I wonder if a pinched nerve can minic IBS? And if so would back streching exercising help then, assuming one has been misdiagnosied with idiopathic IBS when maybe its a pinched nerve? just thinking out loud here. my IBS is not bad these days if I stay away from fat. I used to always say starchy foods hurt me but I was wrong, its fat being butter that I put on bread, rice, potatos, etc. How stupid is that? IBS causes stress, leading doctors to conclude that stress causes IBS. I know plenty of stressed out people who don't have IBS. When I first got IBS I was sick, very sick, I had candida fungus in my mouth, Thrush, which caused doctors to evaluate my immune system, it was fine. I was very stressed out which caused me to walk alot and sleep poorly, I had 24/7 nausea and plugged up ears. Why I got a diagnosis of IBS I couldn't say really.

·
Registered
10,398 Posts
quote:Which meds are people trying out for homeopathy?
There is more than one?

·
Registered
897 Posts
Hi Blair,I would have to say that just because all stressed out people don't get IBS doesn't mean stress can't cause or trigger IBS. Some people handle stress better than others, some get headaches or stomach aches, some get heart palpitations or swallowing problems. Stress can play itself out in so many ways and can also change over time. I had a 3 month headache, then ringing in the ears, and then D for six months straight. After getting the IBS diagnosis and trying all the GI drugs plus relaxation, yoga etc, I took Xanax out of desperation. Bingo, the D stopped in 48 hours. So I think it is important to take a look at what is really going on in our lives in the areas of stress, unhappiness, anger and the like to see what part they may be playing in our bodies problems. Take care.

·
Banned
2,913 Posts
quote: kel, got some time today and this was too exciting to keep to myself. And where is Gary? Nux Vomica is for people with a very irritable mind.
bonniei,all i know is that some things are unexplainable. I am glad that you are looking into this further.i just read of another case where a homeopath was relating her experience with an autistic child. the homeopath was expressing quite a bit of frustration because she did not seem to be having great results even after working with the boy for 2 years.but in the end both the mother and homeopath have noticed some positive changes. (granted --- they don't know what these changes are due to -- could be unrelated to homeopathy)the point is that even in the incredibly tough cases (the impossible cases) progress can be made but they might be slow in coming.i really believe that if you get a really good homeopathic doctor in India -- that you can experience symptom relief just like me. I won't tell others to do this because it is not my place to tell anyone what to do.however, i think your situation is different. you seem to have a background in this healing method plus you are in India where this treatment is being practiced a quite a bit.every time i read garywest's posts, i smile because i know that he speaks the truth. i know that he has discovered something amazing the same as me.i am going to approach homeopathy as a tool not as a miracle cure. i think my problems are very deeply rooted in and it will take more than homeopathy to solve them. i am a big believer in chinese medicine also and i have recently undertaken that route.the accupuncture seems to complement homeopathy very nicely. they both have to do with energy.this stuff is incredible.my goal is to eventually move away from trying to solve all of my problems through chemical means such as supplements like quercetin, vitamin c, etcas of this point i am thinking that germany and india might be the leaders homeopathy. i am just glad that i questioned it the way i did.

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
do you know that it had been proove that water dosen't have memory?do you know that most of the homeos concentratesare one drop in big pool and often one drop in a sea?what you can say about this facts?

·
Registered
370 Posts
Hi Bonniei, Kel and everyone,Have you guys looked at the Homeopathe International Web site? Unfortunately, they've converted most of it to members-only status (I believe membership costs about $20/year), but you can still read the complete Materia Medica and Repertory of William Boericke. Boericke's Materia Medica Boericke's Repertory These are interesting to read and give a feel for the nature of the system, which as Bonniei said elsewhere is as much art as science, perhaps more.I have not yet tried homeopathy for my gut symptoms because I do respect the remedies. On the whole I think they are much safer than most mainstream pharmaceuticals, but according to what I have had time to read about homeopathy so far, it IS definitely possible to screw up. You can't just take remedies with a casual "let's see what this does" attitude. Even if you've chosen the right remedy, changing the potency or taking too many doses in a series can defeat your purpose. I'm considering going to see a homeopathic professional but worried about the out-of-pocket cost, of course. So meanwhile, I am trying to learn what I can about homeopathy in my spare time and manage my symptoms (usually not too severe) with diet, lifestyle controls, supplements, a bit of aromatherapy, etc.But I do believe that precisely because of the way homeopathy works, it has a lot of potential for problems like IBS. There are a few remedies that are broadly applicable to a common problem, such as Arnica for bruising, but they are the exceptions. Generally, remedies need to be tailored to the individual's symptoms--and don't we already know THAT as IBSers who may be D or C or both, who may do well with peppermint or Zelnorm or may not...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I began taking immune26 about a month ago. I no longer have any diarrhea. I still have discomfort at times but it is not diarrhea. I have been given my life back. I can not guarantee it will work for all but they have a 90 day, first time customer, money back guarantee. I now am a registered distributor of immune26 as are many others. Drop me an e-mail and I'll send you information and you can decide if it is a possibility for you.Sincerely,Rahnlm

·
Banned
8,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi Blair,Good to hear from you. It has taken me a decade to find out what bothers me and my IBS. So tell me about it- that it has taken you seven years and after trial and error. I was diagnosed fructose intolerant 2 years ago but a prominent memberr on the board said it does not cause symptoms. Recently I went on a diet which was quite heavy on veggies and fruits and I ended up gettting D immediately. When I cut out the fructose I was back to normal - no gas no nothing. So sometimes the board can be a detriment with everyone thinking themselves to be an expert.I don't know if a pinched nerve can mimic IBS. I go to a very good chiropractor for the pinched nerve in my neck who kind of givies my neck a few jerks and voila the neck gets set right. My hub goes to him for his back. He is excellent. If you want to make a trip to Iowa City I can recommend him to you.My diet is generally low in fat except occasionally when I have bread and butter sandwiches. Perhaps that is the reason I don't have pain. I don't know if homeiopathy is good gfor pinched nerve pain.Sorry I was so late getting back to you but I am trying to take time off the board.The reason I put up the descriptions of pain on the board was because someone, I can't remember who had the feeling of somethinfg alive moving in the abdomen. If he/she reads itthey might be interested in knowing that Crocus Sativa and Sulphur are the meds for it. Yes flux there is more than one medicine for one type of pain depending on other symptoms. You might wantr to try it.
Besides flux I don't know whether to trust you anymore because you set back my "cure" for two years because I thought you knew it all.kel I am 100% cured with diet so I myself am not looking into homeopathy though I did try to see if there was any symptom like gas caused by veggies and fruits and did not find it.Thanks for the replies every one . I am now gouing to come to the board less frequeNTLY AS i AM CURED. But I hope you will still reply to me.

·
Banned
8,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
quote: FWIW in the medical commuinity at least in research in IBS they do this sort of thing as well. I filled out very detailed information about the quality
Since there are such few meds in allopathy for pain, I doubt they have paid much attention to it. Perhaps one day when they have many meds the allopathists might look at the data they have gathered now to refine it further.

·
Banned
2,913 Posts
crankypants,you are exactly correct. frostbite was the first person to warn me about homeopathy and i am glad that he did. i have a laxative homeopathic medicine and it gives me severe cramping everytime i take it. i told my homeopath about it and her reply was, " is one of the ingredients cascara?" sure enough that is one of the ingredients.i really think that if a person is very careful and gets the book by andrew lockie and nicole geddes --- then carefully take the test...... the person can find a very close match to their basic constitution.any of the top 3 would probably remove some symptoms without causing damage elsewhere. dosing may be tricky but my doctor likes to use the 1M remedy for chronic cases. although she told me yesterday that she was thinking about daily LM doses. i think it can get tricky, but for those who think they are going to get scammed and therefore want to do it on the cheap (less than $10.00 for a remedy). it can be done.there are also a couple of very long exams on the internet that a person could use for backup. a book by vinton mccabe is a good cross reference. plus i found a good website where some pros help people figure it out for free -- it is a forum just like this.--or a person could spend the $200 like i did. i tell you, it was the smartest thing i ever did. even though the homeopathy had no effect on my gut symptoms -- it worked on a few other problems.i saw the doctor yesterday for accupuncture. she gave me my 2nd dose that i am supposed to take in a few days. --but accupuncture is an antidote to homeopathy. therefore, we are going to postpone accupuncture for awhile.i think she wants to do the accupuncture instead. there is a lot more money in it for her. the homeopathy is only $50.00 every couple of months. Your Healthy Cat: Homeopathic Medicines for Common Feline Ailments by Wolfe (not for humans!) bonniei,glad to here that all you need to do is watch fructose. i wish that was my problem. i know some people with ulcerative colitis and they have to be extremely strict and not consume any fruit. one person thinks it is the fructose but the other thinks it is the soluble fiber that is responsible.if someone told me that they thought fructose caused D and other symptoms -- i would tend to go along with it based on all of my oddities.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.