Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner

Honesty

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  puzzel 
#1 ·
This is something i very much believe.... be honest about your IBS with potential partners and friends. It takes a massive stress out of life wondering how they might react if you have an attack and also opens a door for love and support.I tell everyone, and i mean EVERYONE. I used be embarrassed but youd be suprised at how many ppl are caring, understanding and also have tummy issues of thier own that they confess too. Telling ppl also removes an IBS trigger which can be the stress of having an attack around friends. My friends cater to my IBS needs when inviting me for meals, understand when i run off to the toilet, hug me when i cry and never judge if i have to go home.I tell ppl that i have IBS, which is a tummy thing that can make me feel really sick and become really good friends with the toliet lol.... ive never had someone reject me because of it or tell me im grose. I want to wish you all well with this cause i know relationships and IBS can be hard, esp telling someone about it. But remember this, you are all beautiful ppl and if someone doesnt care and understand you can do MUCH better and you will find much better.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.